On Sun, 13 Oct 1996 02:55:24 -0400
Barbara Mallut wrote:

>Subject:       Re: Reply to Barb re: PD registry
>
>Rita.. the fellow who told me about registering his chronic disease with
> his  state's DMV was NOT a Parkie, nor was I positive of which state it
>was in  (as I stated in my message)  The "registration" was an informal
>one, as I understand it... not mandatory.  However, a significant number of
> individuals having a wide variety of chronic disorders apparently did
>register, and apparently they then lost their driver's permits.

I also recall a number of long and specific postings from a gentleman who
lost his driver's license based on his physician's report to the DMV. I
think he was from Canada??? A neighbor apparently reported his having PD and
the bureaurocratic machinery went into full action. He never had any driving
incidents, nor accidents -- he was just a victim  of malevolance.
Anyone else remember this case?

Margaret Tuchman(54yrs,dx1980)