It is Sunday -- soapbox time in London's Hyde Park, and on this listserv.

Nine people responded to my offer to get information about the candidates in
their area. On 10/9, I asked that those of you who have no access to an
internet browser, to email me your zip code and address. I would then, try
to get you information about the candidates in your area. The importance of
being informed about the position of candidates cannot be underestimated!
We have to assess who are in the political arena and we have to assemble as
large a group as possible to be actively contacting politicians: friends and
foes alike.

With my original post I hoped to accomplish these objectives:
1/  provide information about local elections; who's running & what their
position has been on the Udall bill
2/  find a national geographic representation of PWP
3/  discover 'hidden' talents that could be harnessed to further our cause
4/  find volunteers to assume responsibilites
5/  provide tools for you to do your own research about the candidates

Now I need to add a few more items to this 'wish list':
1/  in order to reach a maximum population of voters interested in our
plight, we must have a national list of all support groups. There are just
not enough of us on this list to affect the outcome of every race.
2/  get ideas on how to best increase our sphere of influence? For example,
what do we desire/expect from the organizations that represent us:
American Parkinson Disease Association -- 800-223-2732
National Parkinson Foundation --- 800-327-4545
Parkinson's Disease Foundation   --  800-457-6676
United Parkinson Foundation   --  312-733-1893
The Parkinson's Institute -- 408-734-2800
Parkinson's Action Network -- 800-850-4726

Realize that elections are just around the corner -- there is not much time!

Margaret Tuchman(54yrs,dx1980)