Amantadine is an antiviral drug that was found to relieve Parkinsonian tremor in
some patients.  My family physician detected "cogwheel" rigidity in my left arm
and prescribed amantadine for confirmation of Parkinsonism as my problem.  I
used 200mg of amantadine and 10mg of seligiline  per day for more than two years
with excellent control of the tremor and rigidity.  I then added bromocriptine
and dropped the amantadine to 100mg.  I continue to use 100mg of amantadine in
my daily drug rations.

My initial symptom of Parkinsonism was at age 60(1986) when I got a "frozen
shoulder" following a severe and feverish flu bout.  His diagnosis came during
my first visit to him in 1989 at age 63.

Amantadine does have its place and value.  Its antiviral capability is believed
to lie in its strengthening of cell walls.

God bless us all.

Patrick J Martin<[log in to unmask]>
70,10