Hi, Julie:

There are variations on shaving. Older men like your day might still be
using the older style shavers and not the modern friendly Norelcos and
such.  There is a night and day of difference. A TOTALLY different
experience from types like Remingtons etc.  I dare say he could shave with
the Norelco (triple header style) in bed while he is still waking up.

There might be a shop with numerous models he could try out. If there are
healths laws prohibiting this, how about a second hand shop for trials
at least?

There is at least one electric model (I believe) made for wet shaving inn
the shower. It might be a women's model but so, who'll be watching!?

Depilatory creams and liquids he could use before showering etc?

A blade razor that can be adjusted to make it shave much less close?

Cheers,

David
---------
On
Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Julie King wrote:

> How do men with severe tremor in their dominant hand shave?
>
> My father - 68/9 - cuts himself frequently, even when the meds kick in.
> He does not like to use electric shavers. Any suggestions? (Growing a
> beard is not an option).

David Robert Austen
Masters Degree Program in Information Science
Indiana University, Bloomington
Indiana 47405 U.S.A.
Telephone 812 335 8835  Fax 812 335 8598