Hello Alan:  I came into the thread a little late but hopefully you wil get
something from my posting:

Pre "P" symptoms:
toe, foot, ankle cramp and spasms   THE WORST PAIN IN MY LIFE!!!!!
sometimes both feet at the same time lasting about 45 minutes.

and stiffness with/and freezing

Post "P"
cramping and spasms  DISSAPEARED IMMEDIATELY not to come back!!!!!
stiffness with/and freezing continues

I havent had tremor in years and no dyskenesias.

I take 3200 Vit E daily      900 Vit C containing 9 10/100
also an assortment of  PERMAX,  PARLODEL and 50/200 CR.

I had the "P" in May and in August we began to cut down the total meds.
 Thanks to ALAN B. (may he rest in peace)  my neuro agreed to cut down the
  1st # in the Sinemet to 200 total for the day.   So, my total Sinemet (1st
#) is now  190.  There has been NO DIFFERENCE in my PD.

THE MAIN RESULT in my cutting down the meds has been a constant run to the
W.C.  I have begun loosing the accumulated water and my weight has been
coming down.

Good luck and keep us all informed

Joyce