Jo-Ann wrote:

>Hi, can anybody help me with this?  My father 63/3 says he has no sense
>of smell since he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's?  Or maybe its the
>medication he's on?  Is there anything that can help?

I have read that there is an olfactory (smell) center in the brain located
very close to the substantia nigra, and it usually takes early retirement
along with our dopamine-producing cells. In fact, loss of sense of smell is
so common in PD that it is a component of Dr. Erwin Montgomery's "early
detection" screening here at U of A hospital.

Kathie Tollifsom