Unfortunatly a large number of people of various faiths believe that an illness
is either a "cross", "gift", or "punishment" that should be born without
complaint.
I (as have many of you I'm sure) been told that "it is God's will" and that
"He has a reason for the illness". I was brought up in such a belief system
and my wheelchair was used "an example to others" for whatever happened to
be popular at the time.
I along with you hope that this man's comments do not lead to people
thinking that PD is
something they need not be concerned about.

At 08:06 PM 10/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
<snip>
>the Pope
>was quoted as saying that He "considers his affliction to be a gift of
>suffering from God."
>
>Did I understand this correctly?  Or was this quote referring to something
else?
<snip>