We've been trying to get a med routine that will help Peter with the
awful lethargy he experiences at many times through the day. About 6 weeks
ago the neuro put him on 6XSin>CR 50/200 at 4 hour intervals around the
clock--no improvement.  Today I went armed with info from this list re:
CARBIDOPA, and when I suggested that 300mg x day was too much, he agreed, said
 "that's what I might have said myself" (but of course he DIDn't say it first)
and agreed to move P. off the CRs and try 25/250mg Sinemet instead. He
suggested starting with 4 x day, but said we could go to 5 or 6 if needed,
and still be at 1/2 the carbidopa P. gets now.  To my question about toxicity,
a point Alan Bonander made on the list, he shrugged, and said there's no
evidence of that, it's just that you don't*need*more than 70-100mg carbidopa.
This leads me to ask if anyone has evidence to cite about toxicity? Or is it
one of those "possible" things we so often encounter with PD? I'd appreciate
any leads you can give--we're gradually"educating"this neuro, Peter thinks--
but he doesn't do email---yet! He listened better today than usual, perhaps
because he had a med student observing in the interview?
Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter,78/7 Oxford,OH