1.   A man and his young son are taking a ride away
     from their neighborhood and the man accidently
     runs over a dog.  He and his son exit the car and
     the father said, "lets leave it in the gutter--it
     is a stray and no one will miss it."  The boy
     screams out,"He isn't dead--look his ear is
     twitching."  The man saw nothing but since there
     was an Animal Hospital across the street, he
     carried the dog in.  He asked the vet what the fee
     would be to determine if the dog is dead.  "$30",
     was the reply.  The vet looked the dog over and
     said it was dead.  Again the boy said, "No he
     isn't, his eye just blinked."  At that the vet
     said there is only one definitive test and walked
     to the back of the office, returning with a cat in
     a cage.  He took the cat out and placed it on the
     examining table with the dog.  The cat circled the
     dog, sniffing here and there and returned to the
     cage.  At that point the vet said "without
     question the dog is dead."  The man pulled out his
     wallet and asked the fee.  "$630", replied the
     vet.  "But you told me $30 when we came in."
     "Yes, that is correct, $30 for my opinion, but
     $600 for the CAT Scan!"

2.   Re Carole Hlton and "Good Sam", I am surpised that
     no one mentioned that Good Sam was the place
     Madonna recently delivered via "C" section.

from Bob Cowan <[log in to unmask]>