Hi Sheila

> My mother is having trouble sleeping at nights.  What do others with PD
> take to help them sleep?  She's so afraid she'll become addicted to over
> the counter sleep aids and refuses to take them for any length of time.

I think she's right! We take far too many drugs, anyway :-)

However, as an idea for solving her sleeping problem, why not try her on
self-hypnosis/relaxation tapes? They really work for me. Some people need
to go to a live hypnotherapy session first, to get the "feel" of how the
hypnosis is working on them.

Good luck

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)