I'm not sure, but I understand that dopamine is needed at numerous sites
outside the basal ganglia, including the  peripheral system-   too much
carbidopa in the usual sinemet formulation deprives them.. I think that
is why they have Sinemet 10/100, for example,  instead of  25/100. To
repeat, this is just a guess.
Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road