Hi Camilla and Ron
Your postings are most interesting
I would like to add my 2 cents to the 'Carbidopa question'.

I have no 'evidence' other than personal experience. I do think there is
some truth in the suggestion that, for some PWP, a large intake of
Carbidopa can cause trouble    ( There arethree weasels in that sentence!!).

In the summer of 1995 my Sinemet was increased and I began to notice
quick changes in mood,  unexpected and sudden OFF times and a feeling of
being at the mercy of the pills. With the encouragement of Alan Bonander
and my neurologist I slowly decreased the amount of Carbidopa  taken each
day by substituting the 100/10 and 250/25 formats of Sinemet for CR and
100/25.
When the Carbidopa was reduced I began to feel more rational and the
sudden OFF spells were few and far between. The  report I did, with all
the numbers, is buried in my old files --but I could dig it out.

I have stayed on the 1 to 10 ratio since then. I take 1,000 mg Levodopa
&100 mg Carbidopa in Sinemet as well as 5mg Permax.  I take approximately
the same amount every 3 hours --round the clock. (less at night).(dx 1980
/ now 62yrs)

However I can't use my present state as evidence  because of a
Pallidotomy in April 96.

Anne Rutherford  << [log in to unmask]>>