At 12:17 PM 10/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In Holland apomorphine is more used than in the USA. I myself have never but it
>is maybe a possibilety. I have seen others using it and the very short time it
>takes to alleviate the symptoms is impressive.
> A pharmacologist from the academic hopital in Groningen is trying to make it
>availeble on plasters just as already exist for nicotine or estrogen. It seems
>to be not simple and it is not sure wether he'll succeed. Till that moment the
>problem is the patient can't give himself an injection the moment he needs
>it.Apomorphine has been known a long time as an emetic. That's why one needs an
>anti-emetic before starting with apomorphine. After some time it is possible to
> stop the anti-emetic, because one get used to it. After stopping some time
>with apomorphine and then using it again one needs the protection of an
>anti-emetic all over again. That is why it is not easy used incidentally.
>

>                                            Ida kamphuis
>
>Dear Ida,

Levodopa is also notorious for its emetic properties. The carbidopa adds
what is effectively a buffer to stop the emetic properties bydirecting the
ldopa tothe brain rather than the torso... How's your Latin?  Sin [without]
+ emetare [to throw up] combined to make Sinemet  be "don't throw up" pills.
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971