After reading comments pro and con regarding mandatory registration of PWP,
I'll cast my vote in favor of information with strict controls on access and
use and penalities for mis-use.  As a public health planner, I am generally
in favor of more information rather than less, but I have been swayed toward
tight controls because PD is not a communicable disease and mis-use of
information by insurance companies is a real threat.  An illustration is the
story reported in today's Washington Post about a Florida Health Department
employee distributing confidential AIDS records to screen potential sexual
partners. Check it out on the internet (www.washingtonpost.com in the
national section).