Welcome Dick and Margie,

How exciting it is to read about a new member who is coming aboard with such
GOOD news! If I may, a few questions: what entity is coordinating the
surgical procedure and experimental testing completed at the North Shore
Medical Center on Long Island? It sounds like an international effort. Does
Dick continue to take PD meds? How intensive is the follow-up care after
surgery? How long did the surgery take? What are the criteria used to select
candidates for the procedure?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Wish you both the best.
Margaret Tuchman

>On  24 Oct 1996 12:57:48 -0400
>Dick & Margie Swindler wrote:

>We'd like to introduce ourselves to the group, since we're new subscribers.
> My husband, Dick, is 51, and has had Parkinson's for 14 years.  You might
> be interested in hearing about the Pallidal stimulation surgeries he had
> within the past year.

Margaret Tuchman(54yrs,dx1980)