I would be interested in knowing the percentage of us who experience dementia
due to Parkinsons.  Here's an excerpt from an ad in Wed. Oct 23, 1996 San
Francisco Chronicle:

                       " Attention Women Caregivers!!

Are you .  50 years of age or older?
             .  Currently taking care of a spouse or relative in your
                home who has been diagnosed with dementia due to
                conditions such as stroke, Alzheimer's or
                Parkinson's Disease?.............."

The early books say Parkinsons patients keep their wits.  Lately I've heard
more and more about this 'dementia'.  Is there
a higher rate of dementia among us than among the general population?

                                          Liz S.