> more severe over the past 3 years. The symptoms that most distress him are:
> acute attacks of shortness of breath; difficulty in swallowing (at times the
> throat mechanism simply "freezes", and he is completely unable to swallow or
> to speak); and accumulation of large amounts of phlegm in his throat and
> chest, which he periodically has to cough up. (He has been checked for chest
> disease, with negative results, and told this is due to Parkinsons).  In
>                       Margaret Hayon  <[log in to unmask]>

Margaret, your husband's swallowing problems must be addressed, or he will
develop something called 'aspiration pneumonia.'  The fact that he has an
accumulation of large amounts of phlegm, and that his throat freezes
indicates that he needs some kind of intervention soon - this condition
will not get better with time.

Your stress level must be considerable due to the multiple difficulties in
your life, and you have my best wishes and concern.  I would sincerely
hope that somewhere in Isreal there is a doctor who will be more
sympathetic to your husband's condition. Please continue to let us know
how he is doing.
----
Regards
Mary Ann