My father (~74), PD with sinemet and on coumadin after a heart
valve replacement, has his coumadin level or clotting capability
checked periodically and if necessary the dosage is adjusted up
or down. I'm not an MD but my understanding of what happens is:

When coumadin lowers your bodies ability to clot, a fall by a PD
results in bruises that do not stop bleeding as fast. Banging
the head may be more serious.  If you are in the hospital after
a fall hitting your head, they may want a CT scan.

Changes in diet affect clotting ability, i think a vitamin (K?)
is involved. If you change your diet enough, the coumadin dosage
may have to change.

Being in the hospital and back out can change your diet (different
places, different foods). It may take a while for the doctors to
get you to the desired clotting ability after you leave the hospital.

Sol