At 01:00 am 25/10/96 -0400, Margaret Tuchman wrote:
>I am taking snippets of postings from another listserv, I thought that the
>info may be of interest:

>RLS is a condition where my legs will develop a "crawling" feeling that ends
>in an uncontrolled twisting or jerking motion.
>It is controlled through Sinemet...
>The Neuroligist that I have seen about the RLS told me that the RLS gets
>worse in iron-deficient people.

Hello Margaret,

I find this very interesting as I have RLS as well as Parkinson's. When I
was in my twenties my family doctor told me that my fatigue was caused
because I was anaemic. At that time he told me that fair skinned people,
especially redheads like myself, have a tendency to be anaemic.

However, I was always reluctant to take iron supplements due to the expected
problems with constipation. Some months ago, I found an herbal iron extract
called Floradix, which has a fruit juice base and does not cause this
problem. There is also one called Floravital, which is the same except it is
yeast and gluten free. Whether it helps the RLS or not, I'm not sure,
because it's difficult to determine where RLS leaves off and Parkinson's
begins, but I do feel better when I'm taking Floravital.

I have been told by various medical people that we fair skinned people are
also likely to be super-sensitive to allergies, drugs, stings, etc. In my
case this seems to be true.

Regards,

Judith