Hallo Heather!  I just wanted to say how encouraged I felt reading your
letter to Susan Bicknell - the message of strength and optimism, despite the
pain and discomfort; and that there is hope of at least some alleviation of
the symptoms. I printed it out and read it to my husband David (77/7) - he
could very much identify with your description of your symptoms, and the
feelings of panic when he can't breathe.

I have a question about the generic names of the drugs (brand-names here in
Israel are sometimes different from those in USA).  I guess that "Sinemet"
is carbidopa/levodopa combination (here called "Dopicar"); and "Permax" is
Pergolide?  What is "Amantadine"?

Regarding Permax (Pergolide) - David's neurologist prescibed it for him
about a year ago, as a substitute for "Parilac" ("Parlodel" =
bromocriptine); but after two weeks of very gradual increase, he felt so ill
and nauseous that he returned to "Parilac". Has anyone out there had similar
experience?  Should he try it again?

Heather - best wishes for continued improvement, and keep up your hobbies
and activities. Looking forward to hearing from you again.  (By the way, I'm
also English, but live in Israel - another expatriate!)

                Margaret Hayon.