Just another comment re: PD and dementia---when Peter asked his first
neuro  about Alzheimer's, the reply was "if PWP live long enough they
get AD...". Good news, huh?   On 3-11-96 there was an interesting post on this
subject from Ron Liebowitz, quoting a Dr.J.Edward Jackson who is an expert
on AD. He pointed out the same distinction that was made by a neuro at a PD
symposium I attended last year--that on autopsy,the brains of persons with
AD have specific changes(plaques and tangles), and those of PWP show Lewy
bodies typical of PD.  He said 25% of AD patients have some PD symptoms
(a man in our support group was Dx first with AD,then with PD)--Dr. Jackson
said persons with both the AD changes and the PD changes in the brain are said
to have "Lewy Body Variant of Alzheimers". He stated that the bottom line was
"all scenarios except vascular Parkinsons are degenerative dementias..."

Ron L., I hope I've excerpted this clearly. Interested persons can get the
original, as well as other posts re: dementia, from the archives.
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter, 78/7 Oxford,OH