I do not have PD (my motherinlaw does) but I am also affected by flickering
lights, especially red or amber colored.  I have epilepsy and too much
flickering light can cause me to seizure.  One time my husband had me do a
whole bunch of work on a pc with an amber screen.  After about 8 hours
straight on the computer I had a seizure that night.  Something I hadn't
done in years.  However I have worked on a regular pc with a black and white
screen and with a color screen for the same amount of time and never had any
problems. So I strongly agree that lights do affect a person neurologically.
Laurie