At 08:17 AM 10/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
<snip>
>-I would hate to think we are scaring the newbies or misleading them-
>but it is quite possible.

Scaring the newbies....scaring the newbies?

I must admit that when i first started reading the mail I received
from this list I was scared near to death.

The Neuro who pronounced my doom and handed me the little bits of paper that
would chain me to the clock for the rest of what I thought was going to be a
very short and non-productive life, could not or would not tell me anything
about how to take the little pills or what my life was going to be like.

When I got my first look at my possible future through this list, I was plunged
into the pits of fear and depression. Bowel obstructions, seeing things that
were not there, inability to sleep, being able to move one minite and frozen
the next.
Was this what I had to look forward to? How long do I have? Is it starting now?
How long since I last used the bathroom? Is two days to long?

Warning! Information Overload!

I still worry about some of these things. After all, I've never been here
before.
They didn't hand out a technical manual with this body. "If parkinsons
developes, see page IIVxx-2.34-a."
I don't know about ya'll, but it didn't occur to me untill real recently
that I needed to be concerned about "did I dump yesterday or the day before
and how long is too long without doing so?" I mean, my mother never gave me
instructions!
Come to think of it, I didn't get instructions about a lot of things.

Scaring the newbies? *chuckle* We probably need the scare, if only to make
us aware
that we need to be more aware of our bodies, and ourselves.

By the way....does anybody have an answer? I'm not afraid to ask what may be
a very silly question? How long between...I mean...should I start gulping
down prunes after two days with no activity?

No longer scared, just mildly concerned.
Marvin.