The situation with HMO's is horrible. The thought that medical care is
now being treated like any other business, where money is the ONLY
consideration, is indefensible.  The pity is that more money is being
spent to push this on the public than it would take to give adequate
care. Look at the billboards, the TV  ads, the radio and newspaper and
magazine spreads,and what about the lobbyists they send to Washington?  I
have no problem with any business being profitable, but when human
suffering and death is considered acceptable, in order to make money, I
draw the line.  I know we all have to die, and we probably all have to
have some pain and discomfort in our lives, but to know that someone will
profit in direct proportion to that pain, and discomfort, is not right.
I wonder if we told some of the highly paid executives of the HMO;s that
the servicing of their over priced luxury cars was now going to be
handled by a committee of executives who would not want a mechanic to
spend more than 10 minutes working on the car, and would forbid any parts
that cost more than a few dollars to be replaced, regardless of the
potential for the car to breakdown or even be destroyed as a result?
Maybe a set of recapped used tires could be substituted for the expensive
blowout-proof originals? Just a thought!

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker