Marvin Giles:  You wrote "Neuro could not or would not" give information, etc.

I could have written your letter myself.  Because of previous connection to
a PWP, taking her to her Neuro and helping her adjust to her medication,
etc.,  I was able to "self-diagnose" when my symptoms began --
(micrographia (handwriting smaller), voice depreciation, and loss of smell,
tremor, and feet declining to communicate (the left one didn't know what
the right was going to do).  In spite of (because of?) this and others I
was aware of, I thought I was "going down hill without brakes".  Belonging
to the List and gradually realizing that these persons had not had the
advantage of the medications I do (Sinemet-CR and Eldepryl),  I realized I
probably have something of a future, despite having achieved my allotted
"three score and ten".

As for my Neuro, he gave me *NO* information or prognosis, prescribed
barely enough medicine to last until my next appointment, and until I
finally had to admit I had fallen twice (my carelessness), his stock
question was, "Have you fallen *YET*?" and when I volunteered information
about the Digest, he literally screamed at me, "People who discuss their
Parkinsons are just unhappy people who - blah - blah--blah---".  My GP and
I have concluded that until I need more assistance than he can give, he is
able to prescribe for me.

I am living a good life, although, slower, in spite of  many of the typical
symptoms, which thankfully don't  all occur at the same time.  My aim in
writing this is to encourage others and hope many  can realize that a PD
diagnosis is not the end of life - there can be yet "a lot of living to
do".  One more comment -- after two or three days of "inactivity", five to
seven prunes, "send me".  I put a box of prunes in a jar, pour boiling
water over them, keep them in the refrigerator, and they are delicious and
effective.  Also as a result of the discussion on the Digest, my husband
and I have quit all aspartame and feel it was right to do so.

Ruth - 73(3 yrs.)