Friends-- in the"Parade"section of Sunday's paper was a feature article on
Billy Graham---this was included:
     "Graham was recovering from a fall that broke 4 ribs...he said 'I have
good days and not-so-good days. Today is a good day.The dog didn't bite me
this morning.' He explained that the pecking of his puppy at his leg could
be difficult because of his Parkinson's. And he conceded,'I miss golf.' But
 ...extended his arm in front of him, palm outstretched.'You see--pretty
steady.Not too bad , eh?'"
     Billy G. is becoming more open about his PD-- I recall writing him
when he was first "out", and getting a form letter from staff saying he "does
not do causes"--our Support group wrote him again when Reagan's AD was
announced, suggesting he could do for PD what his old buddy did for AD--same
response.  I think he is perhaps concerned about his public image (aren't we
all?) as he still does his "crusades".  When Janet Reno announced her PD
there was much discussion in the list, and several persons sent messages to
her--I'm sure she was invited to join the list at that time.  We have to
remember that persons with a high public visibility/profile may hesitate to
identify themselves as "sick"--thankfully Ali is past that stage now--and
maybe the others will be, also, some day!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter,78/7 Oxford,OH