At 01:3 PM 10/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Thank you for the off/on information and insight. Perhaps you can help me
>answer a few questions. What do you reccommend I do when I go off quite
>suddenly , say while shopping in a food market.

Hello Kurt
        I can only tell you what I do. First relax, and dont worry about
anything. Nothing matters. Nothing! What if you are there for an hour  or
so. I am a worry wort,like you?, and next Wednesday for instance, I go to
Sydney to see a Neuro to review my case. Sydney is 300km(about 200 miles)
away from Canberra, and the thought of the trip scares me stiff.However, I
look at what is involved.
                A taxi will call with a lady friend who will accompany me;
She will not be able  to help me physically, but the effect on my confidence
is inestimable. She will keep her cool no matter what. That means that I
will keep mine
        "My god, (whoever he/she is)there is a space ship on the lawn."

        "Its bit early; they aren't due until next week."  Or "The store has
just caught fire'"Really, I suppose we can expect a fire sale soon."
Dont let these things reach you, and that includes locking up!!!!!!
        Lets ask ourselves just what is our problem; not what might be wrong
or what could go wrong?   We conscously ignore the other people in the store
including the checkout person.  We find that our legs don't work. That is
fairly straight forward. What do you do at home when this happens??
I see,you get down on your hands amd knees and stretch the leg muscles.;
toes alternatively tuckled under your legs pointing backwards and then
forwards as you stretch them to restore their suppleness and once more they
are soft and loose.
        So do that now in the store!!
  You've always wanted to be on centre stage, so here is your, chance.
 You will find that after their initial shock/surprise, people will be very
helpful They will know something is wrong.
           I know that your problem is still there, but the panic has gone.
ITS MAGIC.  How do you get started at home?  lay down on the floor and wave
your legs in the air ? well thats what you are going to do here . I
guarantee that you wont be the person who is panicing.
        Try straightening your legs so that your knees lock back.  l know
that they are shaking and you think everyone can see them, so what!!!
Whatever else dont try walking until that power comes back to your legs.
Remember IT DOESN'T  MATTER!!!!!! However`long it takes so be it.
       While this is less a problem than it used to be, now that I have an
electric scooter. I still have problems when I lock up, but this approach
helps me.
I hope some of this is of help to you.

Regards
Philip