        MARTY [AND OTHERS],I ain't no MD so you should take my story as one
man's story.Back in June of 1996 thing were not going well for me with
regard to my dyskenesia. It felt to me that things were not going to get
better until I had my 2nd side Pallidotomy. But what to do in the meantime
became the question of the day. Both my personal Neurologist and the
Mass.General Hosp.surgical team's Neurologist were aware of the inclination
of the  Sinemet CR to lose it effectiveness with the more advanced
patients,like myself. From the CR I was getting something in the range of
150mgs.a day when all I needed in the form of Carbidopa was about 70-75 mgs
a day meaning that I was getting twice what I needed. And in all likelihood
the excess was contributing to the g.d. dyskenesia. So we decided to stop
All the Sinemet CR and switch to Sinemet 10/100 along with my Permax at
about 1.0mgs [and 5 other "lesser drugs"]. The plan called for me to take a
10/100 every 2 hours but I further adjusted it to about one 10/100 every
one and one-half hours amounting to about 8-9 10/100 per day which got me
through to Sept. when I had my surgery

So I would encourage you to talk with your Neurologist about changing over
to 10/100 and one other point is worth saying and that is to insist on the
brand name, not the generic. All drugs are not created equal.

MY Very Best,
    George Lussier[[log in to unmask]]