Hi you all!! My name is Ernesto Martinez. I am an Electrical Engineer and I
am 52 years old. I was born and I live in Argentina. I suffered PD for 8
years. I could hardly move my right arm and my right leg.

Drugs: I tried a lot: Parlodel (it killed me); Madopar (for years; OK for me
at the beginning and afterwards with almost no effect); Sinemet (OK but very
effective for very shot time only).

I won't describe you how I suffered in these 8 years because you probably
know. But... on July 31 1996 (day I'll always remember) I was operated in
FLENI (a specialized neurological institution) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I
was awake during almost all the pallidotomy.

And I want to share the resuls with you all: I have recovered my normal
movements in a 95% !!!! And this was practically since the very first moment
after the operation. They didn't even shave my head. The hole which they
make for the operation is insignificant. Two days after that, I was at home,
happy and planning for the future.

My first control, 30 days after the operation, showed that everything was
working fine. I have not been able of taking my second control yet, because
I have been travelling for the last weeks.

I am not a doctor; I can't recomend this operation to everyone suffering PD;
but in my case the results were SPECTACULAR.

I will be out of this mailing list shortly after this mail, because the
topics do not match my actual situation. But I had a marvelous experience
with this operation, which I want to share with everyone with PD. My e-mail is:

Feel free to ask me anything you like. If I can help, I will. Forgive my
English and I hope you all improve as I did.

Best regards,

Ernesto.