Ted:

According to some recent (refereed) research I uploaded to this listserver a
few weeks ago, the hereditary component of PD results from defects in the
mitochondrial DNA.  If this research is accurate, then any genetic tendency
toward PD will be derived entirely from the mother's side.  The mutated
mitochondian DNA in and of itself cannot be the sole cause of PD.  It may
only make a person more susceptible to PD.

There are many possible causes of tremors other than PD.

Hope this helps.

                Ron Reiner (48 + 1yr)