Brian,
Thank you for your input.
I read it to Dorothy and i will really push it.  This neurologist is rather
off the ball as far as i am concerned.  I Highly agree with you that she
should get another one.  I also see this neuro and an NOT impressed.  She
changed my mediccation w/o even meeting me in person.  I was pregnant and my
OB/GYN contacted her.  I had been on the same meds for epilepsy for my first
child and he turned out great.  My neurologist/surgeon is Tennessee had
informed me that I was on the safest meds possible.  Over the phone she told
my OB/GYN to take me off the mysoline.  It happens to be the controlling
drug in my case.  I was over 5 months in my pregnancy, after having half the
meds taken away I had 3 grand mal seizures.  I hit my head reall hard it was
also the same time that my baby stopped growing inside me.  I went back on
the meds I was taking before.  My son was born a month early weighing 3
pounds 4 1/2 ounces and only 15 1/2 inches long.  Relevant?  I don't know
for sure.  There is no proof.
But you don't want to hear about my experiences with this dr.

This dr tried to put Dorothy on Sinemet once, then when Dorothy had problems
with nausea and stuff, took her off of it.  It also lowered her blood
pressure to almost nothing.  Then her nurse called back and told her to go
back on it.  The nurse was telling her one thing and the neurologist
another. They almost killed her that way.
My sister-in-law who is a nurse practitioner and keeps well up on all the
meds, suggested that Dorothy ask her dr about taking the smaller doses of
SInemet and sort of work it into her system.  She (the neurologist) said
maybe next year.  Well it is next year.....nothing has been done toward
that. Dorothy has been to see her and she didn't find any changes worth
seeing her about.
Dorothy is bad enought that she qualifies for a handicap sticker on her car.
I wish that I could send Dorothy to the dr I went to in Knoxville.
I have yet to find a good neurologist in Billings Montana.  I hear that this
dr Mosely who does the thalatomy (sp) and pallidotomy is pretty good but
only takes patients he operates on.  Since Medicaid doesn't cover that she
can't go there.  But we willl definitely find her a new one, if I have to do
it myself.
Laurie