Have you talked to someone in the Medicare Office about Pallidotomy?  There's
a toll-free number you can call.  You'll be put on hold for awhile, of
course, but then you should reach a real live person who can give you an
answer.  If the answer is no, you might even try again later in the day and
see if you get the same answer from another person.  Another source of info
would be the office of the neurologist (or neurosurgeon) you mentioned.  They
should know whether it's covered or not.  If you have already tried these
sources, write again and I'll contact our neurologist's office and find out.