---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 18:49:18 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Welcome

Hi! I'm Bob, and I'm new to your list, although I have been diagnosed with pd
since Feb., '91.  I 'm not up to speed with a lot of computer skills, but I'm
learning from my wife, who is very knowledgable.  Anyway, I'm interested in
becoming more skillful so I can be of greater service to the support group my
wife and I operate in Tacoma, WA.  I did go to Sweden in Dec., '94 where I
had pallidotomy surgery with Dr. Lauri Laitinen, and I'm still enjoying some
positive results from that surgery.
I'm now 55 years of age, and of course am still hopeful that we will see some
more breakthroughs in the treatment of pd.
I am a retired music teacher and musician, even though I would prefer to be
working.  The pd has robbed me of my singing voice, but I am able to continue
participating in music by playing the trumpet.  Thanks for adding me to the
list.

Bob Swanson