Hi everybody,

This is one of those very minor irritations that in due time can get all out of
proportion.
Most of us, that scan messages on this and other lists, do a large amount of
scrolling with a mouse.
If the mouse is smooth, the scrolling will be fast and smooth.
It still is necessary to place the cursor on that tiny square with the arrow.
If you have a fair amount of tremor, that is already not so easy.
Then my mouse aggravates things, by not wanting to scroll smoothly, but only one
line at a time.
It takes many, many, index finger motions to complete scrolling of the average
message.
After a while the finger motions get too close to the tremor frequency and that
causes odd jerky motions that throw the cursor off the little square, sometimes
causing the whole message to flip out of sight.

Does anybody else have this problem?
Of course I could learn to use my left hand, but I think that is replacing one
problem with another.
Do I have a problem mouse? Why does it run smoothly in one try out of ten.
Why does it run smoothly in a wordprocessing job?
Why does it seem to be exceptionally balky in Emails?
Why is it more likely to be smooth in the backscrolling direction than in the
forward scrolling direction?

If this subject has come up before, I apologize for the repetition.
If it strikes a chord with some or many of you, I'd like to hear of your
experiences and suggestions.
Armed with some user stories I am prepared to do battle with the manufacturers.
Maybe there is some software incompatabilities that could be ironed out.
Maybe ordinary users are bothered by this problem,unimportant as it may seem,
but it sure is a nuisance for us PWP's.

Will  Kuipers      ( 75 / dx '91 )
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]