>To: PARKINSN@[log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Laura and Michael Rogers)
>Subject: only once a year?
>
>I am highly inerested in how often a PWP should see her or his dr.
>My mother-in-law (who has PD) is quite progressed in the disease and is
getting worse all the time.  She is on 2 5mg Eldypryl and it helps some.
But her walk is getting worse she used to go for walks now barely leaves the
house.  She has the shaking everywhere, can't write and is easily cinfused
and has the mask, just to mention a few things.  She also has the moods of
nervousness and depression accompanied often by tears.  But her dr who
recently about 2 years ago, diagnosed Dorothy as having PD, insists that she
isn't getting worse at least not enough to rate seeing her neurologist more
than once a year.
>Instead of an appointment they send her a questionairre every 2 months from
the National Parkinson Foundation that Dorothy fills out and send it back
and they evaluate it.
>How much can they tell about a person from a questionaire?  Wouldn't it be
better for a dr to see a patient in person?
>I am not knocking the questionaire, just questioning her neurologist's
desire to see her only once a year.
>Dorothy says that this way the people in the Nat. PD Foundation keep track
of her and so do the people who make the Eldypryl.
>Is this normal for a neurologist to want to see a patient with progressing
PD only once a year?