Greetings, George, Will and all:

I've been investigating this for my mother and am under the impression
that one can also obtain a trackball that is NOT part of a large keyboard.
In her case, she would obviously want to hold it in her lap as she sits up
in bed. There are also various other pointing devices, some that work with
just gentle pressure in a certain direction. Almost like a massage?

Your Logitech sounds good: perhaps they'll come through for people who
cannot reach up (constantly) to a keyboard, or hold a heavy keyboard on
their laps.  Any other suggestions out there?  Catalogs?

David

>         The one I use is marketed by Logitech. My model has three "mouse-click"
> buttons which can be programmed to perform a wide variety of functions.  These
> functions can differ from program to program.  I have mine fixed at  "click"  ;
> "double click" [press once, click twice] ;  and "click hold" [press = click on,
> press again = click off  !!!!] As I recall, the price was less than $50 [Mac
> version]
>
> George Andes  62/14 and counting

David Robert Austen
Masters Degree Program in Information Science
Indiana University, Bloomington
Indiana 47405 U.S.A.
Telephone 812 335 8835  Fax 812 335 8598