Hi Barbara,

You are quite right to say that we cannot blame sneezing from light exposure
on PD.

Apparently, the reason for light induced sneezing is that the optic nerves
run close to the nasal organ nerves and one can get a sort of "breakthrough"
trigger if the optic nerve is over stimulated.  A friend of mine almost
always sneezes (3 times  - no more no less) when he looks towards the sun
(he does not have PD).

BTW, I freely admit that I am not the world's tidiest person, (Well alright
I'm untidy.. <grin) but I have noticed 2 laws on the subject of finding things.

1.  As soon as you throw away that item you never used for ages and ages -
You need it!

2.  Everything will be correctly in it's place EXCEPT the item you just
happen to need at that moment!

Regards,

Ernie.

>Before we all begin to compare the number of times we sneeze upon stepping
>outside into the sunlight, I guess you'd all  better know THIS is one thing we
>CAN'T blame on PD!! <grin>
>
>A coupla years ago (darn... I KNEW I should've saved the article for future
>reference), I read in one of the respected monthly magazines that over 50
>percent of the world's population (including myself) has a sensitivity to the
>sun upon going from inside to outside.   Those individuals react by sneezing
>within a few moments of stepping into the sunlight.
>
>No biggee... and not at all PD related apparently.  Kids sneeze, anceint
>grannies sneze, young teens sneeze, LOTS of us allllllllllll around the world
>sneeze when we go from inside to outside, into the sunlight.
>
>Barb Mallut,

Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])