        Dear reader,
    Wow! You guys are like the Calif. fire storms. One Minute you are lying
[as in lying-in wait] around with not much going on,just a little smoke and
just maybe a little fire. Then along come a wild wind and off you go racing
toward a major fire storm;destoying every thing in your path  and in the
next moment you have retreated and your wind  [I'll leave that line for you
to fill in] has subsided leaving a sense of having just woken up from some
weird dream.Not a nightmare but nothing too pleasent either.Strange it
was......
    But on to my thoughts.It seemed to me that part of emotional
blood-letting was due to the Udall bill not making it out of the Senate. I
think that many of us were mad as hell but had no place safe enough to vent
our outrage...... and along came the survey.The survey asked you all to
think on how it would you feel if mandatory registration of PDers were to
appear in your own state. I don't mean to diminish the importance of what
you all had to say but to add to our knowledge about how some things come
to pass. Misdirected anger played a role in this debate.
   I gave you a statistical break out as to how things turned out.I don't
see any winners or losers;only people  who shared their thoughts on a
complex issue.  I do however take exception to the notion spoken by one Pro
registry individual that said that the 1000 plus members who didn't take
part in the survey shows just how unimportant the issue really meant to
people. Well by that standard we would not have very much about which we
might talk. I'm of the opinion that every one who took part in the survey
or who thought about it or discussed it with a family member or a friend
deserves credit. The success of this Digest is,in part, due to the
importance we place on one individual's concerns. I don't think there has
ever been a question asked or a concerned raised that wasn't responded to
by some other member of this list.That is fairly remarkable I do believe.
**************************  Time now for a few personal thoughts on the
Nebraskan PDers Registration Act.
   First I don't think the Nebraskan folk attacked this problem with any
evil intent. By the account
of Ms.Weeks the process was above board and open and you would have to
believe that this decision was a grass rooted one. I think they made a
decision that they believed was in the best interest of Nebraskans but they
did not understand the extent they had eroded their own right to privacy,
to due and fair process and to the respect that is their due.
  I can see where I'm getting wordy so I will sign off for a day or two and
then send out part 2.
   My Very Best,
 george[glussier[glussier@ultranet,com]