I am new to this news group and have a question to anyone who knows
if PD disease affects sleeping disorder.

My mother who has been diagnosed with PD disease for at least 10
years, has lately taking a turn for the worse. By that I mean, she
tends to sleep for over 24 hours before she wakes up.

Lately we are noticing that she now start to sleep for longer
periods. As of now she has not waken up for 2 days.

She goes into a deep sleep, and no amount of shaking or shouting by
the nurses will wake her up. Our concern is that during this period
she is doing without her medicine. We are trying to supply her with
medicine dissolved in liquids as best we can.

She is taking Sennement (750 mg a day) and Maclo-blomede (an
antidepressant) and supplemented by various vitamins and assorted
prescribed pills.

I would appreciate hearing from anybody who had heard of something
like that or had the same experience, or point me to any information
on this.

Thanks