Lynn,

You say that your mother's dr. says that it's no use for a person over 80
to start (?) with PD meds. Perhaps I've misunderstood the question -- but
unless I've misunderstood, I can tell you that your dr's comment makes no
sense to me, as my own mother, who is in her 80s, has PD and has been taking
PD medications for many years, with good effect. Also, during a recent
hospitalization, for awhile she was completely off any PD meds (at dr's
instructions), and later the dr reinstituted them, and she again responded
well to the PD meds.

--SS