medicare does cover pallidotomies but it depends on which state the
pallidotomy is
performed in.  Your must check with the Medicare provider in the state in
which you
wish to have the palli performed in to see what their coverage is.  I am the
Patient
Advocate for the Pallidotomy Program at Emory Univ. in Atlanta.  I just
recently
(March,1996) went to battle with Aetna Ins.(Medicare provider for Georgia)
 to stop
them from denying reimbursement of pallidotomies at Emory. the temporary
denial of
coverage was retroactively reinstated.  Jusst goes to show that you can do
battle
with Medicare and win.
TWWhitling @aol.com