Barb, you mentioned the
>  "Dammit, It Was Here a Minute Ago Law."  Corollary 1 is
>"Reading Glasses are Inanimate Objects Until You Take 'em off and Place Them
>on the Nightstand, and Then They Become Alive and Move Somewhere Else."

AHHH yes, and then there's Corollary 17A.........which refers to the

         "Purchasing of an Unusual Ingredient Because All of the Recipes You Read Seem to Call for it, Only to Find OutThat Once You Get it Home All of Said Recipes Have Disappeared Into Thin Air"

followed by Corollary 17B

       "The More Unique the Food Item the More Likely it is to Mould/Atrophy/Disintigrate/ or Start to Smell Really Bad Before You Get a Chance to Use It".

sometimes I wonder about the persuasive powers of  little gremlin who whispers "Buy it!  Buy it! in my ear as I stroll down the International Foods isle at my supermarket.

Lynda