I have a few questions -

What kind of physical therapy have people found helpful for dystonia?  Has
anyone managed to get massage paid for by insurance as a therapy for PD?

On another subject, a friend of mine's grandmother (age 84) was Dx'd with PD
about 2 years ago.  Her doctor said that drugs are of little help if you are
over 80 so she is not taking anything.
Since what I know if PD is from the young person's perspective it would be
helpful for me to know if this is true.  I suggested to my friend that she
get another opinion and I thought she should at least be able to try
 medication.  She has no tremor but does have freezing, slowness of movement,
and some mental decline.
I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences or advice.

Thanks.
Lynn Fielder, 34/2.5 ([log in to unmask])