On Tue 29 Oct, Laura and Michael Rogers wrote:
> Brian,
> Thank you for your input.

> This dr tried to put Dorothy on Sinemet once, then when Dorothy had problems
> with nausea and stuff, took her off of it.  It also lowered her blood
> pressure to almost nothing.  Then her nurse called back and told her to go
> back on it.  The nurse was telling her one thing and the neurologist
> another. They almost killed her that way.
>=20
> My sister-in-law who is a nurse practitioner and keeps well up on all the
> meds, suggested that Dorothy ask her dr about taking the smaller doses of
> SInemet and sort of work it into her system.  She (the neurologist) said
> maybe next year.  Well it is next year.....nothing has been done toward
> that. Dorothy has been to see her and she didn't find any changes worth
> seeing her about.

 Dorothy is bad enought that she qualifies for a handicap sticker on her car.
> I wish that I could send Dorothy to the dr I went to in Knoxville.
> I have yet to find a good neurologist in Billings Montana.  I hear that this
> dr Mosely who does the thalatomy (sp) and pallidotomy is pretty good but
> only takes patients he operates on.  Since Medicaid doesn't cover that she
> can't go there.  But we willl definitely find her a new one, if I have to do
> it myself.
> Laurie
>=20

Hello , Laurie Just a short note in response to your post on 29 Oct, I begin
to see how your neuro may feel that there is not much that she can do: If your
mother-in-law had such a strong reaction to the Sinemet, her doctor has=20
probably marked her down as Not Suitable for levodopa therapy. Yours is the
first case which I have encountered where levodopa has produced a dramatic
effect on blood pressure. If this is true, then there really is not very much=20
that your doctor can do.
  In view of the serious state of her Parkinson's symptoms, I would suggest
that you try and get your doctor to try again with the Sinemet, but to
introduce it VERY gently, and work up to the theraputic doseage level over a
period of weeks- which is What I think your sister-in-law was=A0suggesting. If
she can also monitor your mother-in-law's Blood Pressure, then this would look
like her best option.

Regards,  Brian Collins