Charlie Meyer,

Your course of action looks good to me.

I'm surprised you didn't get more responses from other people here who have made
disability claims.  I've seen discussions about the matter previously.

Just to set the record straight, I was suggesting Standard Ins. be concerned
that their actions become known all over the Internet, not just this list.
(You're right, they sure don't want us as customers.) It's easy to post
messages to all kinds of Newgroups who would likely be potential customers of
the company.

Also, Jackie Gilman's suggestion about the Congressmen is a good one if you
still need help.  First, Congressmen love to stick their noses into all kinds of
non-Federal matters if it can help a constituent.  They are really
under-utilized ombudsmen for each of us.  Second, the insurance industry is
virtually unregulated by the Federal Government such as banks and ordinary
corporation are - and they want to keep it that way!  They don't like to p---
off Congressmen, and are responsive to them. I used to work for one.  There were
a number of major life insurance company failures in the first half of the 90's
and it has started a lot of talk about Federal regulation.

GO GET 'EM

B.Bruce Anderson