         Some things just won't go away; they stick to you like a bad smell.
:( Exposure to pesticides(fungicides or insecticides for example) is all to
common.  Until we say enough is enough, birds, fish, and people will
continue to collect these toxins.

Researching a pesticide is a relatively simple and inexpensive process.  The
first step is acquiring the name of the pesticide and the EPA registration
number(if possible).  The registeration number is usually printed on the
package labeling.  If you cannot find the number, the pesticide name will
usually suffice.

The next step is calling the EPA pesticide hotline, aka national pesticide
telecommunications network.  The toll-free number is 1-800-858-7378.  Tell
them the name and registration number of the product and what type of
information you are seeking.  They have information on active ingredients in
pesticides and their effects on environmental and human health, historical
information on pesticides, and phone numbers of manufacturers(many
toll-free) where you can call to obtain "material safety data sheets" on the
pesticide in question.  These sheets will detail most(if not all) of the
known environmental and health problems associated with a particular
pesticide.

The National Pesticide Telecommunications Network will send you information
for a small charge.  Usually $3.00 for up to 30 pages, to cover copying and
mailing costs.  They can also refer you to organizations that can supply you
with information on low toxin pest control.

Additional information can be found on their Web site located at:
http://ace.orst.edu/info/nptn/

I suggest checking out the Web site because of the links to the EPA and
Poison Control Centers(throughtout the USA).  In the meantime, keep those
aromatic hydrocarbon vapors away from me.  :)

Best regards

Ralph Herbst  RPh.   chicago, illinois

join #parkinsons on the undernet of IRC
a global parkinson's resource