HI, Laurie, and Michael, I always look twice at your email, as my sister
Laurie, is marrried to a Michael also! I am greatly interested in these
flickering light discussions, hopefully it might be of some help to my
dad, who is 79, diagnosed about 6-7 years ago with PD. I noticed he does
better under sunlight, than under artificial light. Any technician can
make a DC power supply to run incandescent lights from. This would avoid
the flickering entirely. To do the same for flourescent lights, MAY be
possible, but I am not sure, it might not be feasable, due to the need
for higher voltages to start the electrons flowing inthe tube, etc.
You cannot control lighting in stores, or other places you go during the
day, but in your own home, why not? The computer screens require scanning
at different rates to paint the picture on the phosphers. I know that
laptops use flat displays, that sometimes are dual scanned and sometimes
single scanned, this means twice the flickering.  In othwer words the
dual scanning can be better for prevention of symptoms. desk top computer
monitors all have similar scan rates   (as far as I know) regardless of
other differences. We really ned people with more expertise than I have,
to tell us what monitors are least disturbing to Parkinson's     qtq
.q
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuqyttttttttq

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker