HAve any of you good folks had experience with challenging medicare on a
denial of a claim?  They are denying a claim for my dad for ambulance
transportation during a short-term nursing home stay.  He was there after
hospitalization for insertion of a feeding tube.  The tube became blocked
and the staff could not undo it.  They sent him to emergency in an ambulance
to open it back up.  Medicare is saying that he should have been driven
there in a car.  My mother doesn't drive.  Can she challenge this denial in
writing, and if so, what are the chances she will win?  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.  By the way, he has been home now for 6 weeks with
a feeding tube ( his swallowing difficulties finally became too much - he
couldn't eat and was rapidly losing weight).  Me mother is doing well with
taking care of him. Medicare pays for a twice weekly visiting nurse and a
weekly occupational therapist. Thanks for any information.
Marcia  [log in to unmask]  Dad is 79 PD 10 years.