Marcia:  I would ask his M.D. to write a letter saying that your
father's condition required ambulance transportation to the hospital and
that it was medically necessary for him to travel that way.  Have the
M.D. send the letter to you and you can forward it on to Medicare.  I
think the denial of some claims is becoming the norm now, as most people
will not challenge it and automatically pay - obviously benefitting the
Medicare program.  Carole