Hi Ted,
Jeff (46,8) has (or 'had') one maternal uncle and 2 paternal uncles with pd.
Both paternal uncles got pd when they were quite old; the maternal uncle got
pd when he was in his early 40's....I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that
the maternal uncle also was heavily exposed to Agent Orange (he was an Air
Force Major during VietNam flying the big transport planes LOADED with bags
of A.Orange. During his break he would sleep on pallets of AO - we'll always
feel this had something to do with his pd. Anyway, Jeff is participating in
a study at University of Pittsburgh on the issue of heredity in pd. It's
definately got more than casual attention from the researchers. Also, didn't
the latest study show some evidence of a genetic factor (but that was
relating to the mother's genes).
Regards, Lisa Carper